International Academic Alliance (IAA), a New York based education organization, seeks qualified candidates to teach college level Introduction to Sociology courses for our University in High School program conducted at IAA partner schools in China. IAA teaching positions provide Instructors with opportunities to diversify their teaching portfolios and teach rigorous college credit courses in an international setting.
Offered under the auspices of the State University of New York at New Paltz, University in the High School program courses will be taught to high school students preparing for American colleges. The successful candidates will offer Introduction to Sociology courses to grade 12 high school students in IAA partner schools in China.
- Teachers instruct up to 16 hours per week
- Instructors spend some office hours to prepare classes, materials, do grading and student counseling
- Work closely with the IAA Head of Schools and/or SUNY New Paltz mentor on:
- Effective teaching of curricula;
- Course delivery;
- Managing or resolving classroom and student issues;
- Program development and evaluation.
- Participate in ongoing professional development with American teaching staff, including:
- Teacher training;
- Professional mentorship with SUNY New Paltz faculty;
- Course evaluation;
- Program assessment.
- Provide support for students having difficulty with their coursework and work with students and Head of Schools to identify and solve potential problems.
1 semester to 3 semesters employment terms. Positions available from February 2018 until July 2018 or July 2019.
- Candidates must possess at least a Master’s Degree in Sociology or a very closely related field.
- 1 year prior teaching experience is preferable, but not required.
- Negotiable competitive salary.
- Accommodation: Private 1-bedroom apartment close to school provided.
- Health insurance provided.
- Visa sponsorship, assistance with all visa procedures.
- 1 air ticket provided.
The candidate should email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31st 2017:
- Cover letter;
- Scanned copies of diploma and transcripts;
- Publication agenda;
- Syllabus of courses taught previously (if available);
- References (if available).
About International Academic Alliance:
The International Academic Alliance (IAA) partners with a network of accredited international schools and American universities to deliver in-demand academic programs. The International Academic Alliance is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.