International Academic Alliance (IAA) seeks Academic English teachers and university course instructors in a variety of subjects to teach in our IAA American High School Honors program conducted at an IAA partner high school in China. IAA teaching positions provide Instructors with opportunity to diversify their teaching portfolios and teach rigorous college preparatory English and/or American university credit courses.
Instructors will teach Academic English and/or Social Studies courses within the IAA American High School Program.
For qualified applicants and suitable credit course offering at the school, Instructor may additionally qualify to teach American college credit courses through IAA’s American university partner. American college credit courses typically offered within the Program include: Presentational Speaking/Communications; American History; Computer Science; Calculus I; Sociology; Psychology.
Locations: Public and international schools in multiple provinces throughout China. Teaching openings in the following cities for the 2017 to 2018 school year and beyond:
- Zhejiang Province – Ningbo; Taizhou
- Shandong Province – Zibo; Qingdao; Dongying City
- Jiangsu Province – Xuzhou City
- Teachers instruct up to 20 hours per week and spend up to an additional 20 hours per week on lesson planning, conducting online course lecture support, student academic labs and student mentoring.
- Work closely with the Program’s Center Director and online course faculty on: Effective teaching of curricula; course delivery; managing or resolving classroom and student issues; and program development and evaluation
- Participate in ongoing professional development with American teaching faculty, including: teacher training; professional mentor ship with American high school faculty; course evaluation; and program assessment.
- Provide support for students having difficulty with their coursework and work with students and Center Director to identify and solve potential problems. Coach students on academic goal setting skills development.
- Accommodations: Private 1-bedroom apartment close to school
- Health insurance provided
- Visa sponsorship, assistance with all visa procedures, and 1 air ticket provided.
- Employment Term: 1- or 2-year employment terms. Positions run from August 2017-July 2018/2019.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree with subject specialization or TESOL certification, and prior teaching experience in the field.
- Candidates seeking additional approval to teach American college credit courses such minimally possess a Master’s degree in the course field from an accredited university where English is the main form of instruction, and prior university-level teaching experience in the field.
About International Academic Alliance:
The International Academic Alliance (IAA) partners with a network of accredited international high schools and American universities to deliver in-demand academic programs to American university-bound international students. IAA’s Pathway programs allow students the unique opportunity to pursue their education goals in an innovative, structured and flexible format
How to Apply: Please send application materials to HR-Honors@iaapathway.com. Include the Job Title HS TEACHER APPLICATION in the subject line.
- Cover Letter
- CV / Resume
- Credentials scans (diplomas; certifications; etc.)
Please consider your application received upon successful sending. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
International Academic Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.