IAA arranges articulated university pathway partnerships for international students to pursue undergraduate study at both their home university and a partnered American university.


Students spend either 1, 2, or 3 years in China, transfer to complete their undergraduate program in the US, and graduate with both an American and Chinese Bachelor’s degree. 

No courses or time will be wasted with these planned Pathways to an American Bachelor’s degree:


International students currently in a 4-year Bachelor’s can spend 2 years at the Chinese university, transfer for another 2 years to a partnered American university, and graduate with both an American and a Chinese Bachelor’s degree.


For Chinese students who have a 3-year Bachelor’s degree, this innovative pathway allows the 3-year degree to become equivalent to an American 4-year Bachelor’s with planned coursework additions. During the years at the Chinese university, students take additional Academic English and transferable American General Education courses. In the fourth (postgraduate) year, students transfer, complete remaining courses at the American partnered university, and graduate with an additional American Bachelor’s degree. 


Depending on the student’s Major and university requirements, curriculum pathways will vary. Popular courses taken to meet the General Education requirements of American universities include: English Composition, English Literature, Sociology, Communications, Computer Science, and others.

For students who need to meet English proficiency requirements such as the TOEFL, IELTS and academic skills, IAA also offers Academic English Program (AEP) courses to students of the 2+2 and 3+1. 

Admission Requirements

  • TOEFL generally 79+; IELTS generally 6.0+
  • GPA generally 2.75+ in Chinese university coursework
  • 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
  • Personal Essay
  • Resume 

Please email us to receive specific advising and application materials.